16th International Research Training Seminar
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: A Research Training Course
Junior Investigators in Child Psychiatry and Psychiatry
5 - 10 September 2021
Foundation Child is pleased to announce the 16th Training Course in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry for young researchers in child and adolescent psychiatry and psychiatry.
The aim of the course is to provide a high-quality intensive training experience on relevant elements of clinical science (e.g., diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of the most important childhood psychiatric disorders) and research (e.g., designing a research project, research methods, principles of statistics, writing and presenting scientific work).
The five-day seminar will include lectures and interactive sessions conducted by an international panel of highly qualified faculty with recognized expertise in their respective fields. The seminar will take place in a peaceful and stimulating environment chosen to facilitate this unique training experience.
Download the brochure of the Training Seminar here: Download brochure
the Training Research Seminar
Five-full days of intensive training on topics related to research in child and adolescent psychiatry. Trainees are required to attend all scheduled activities.
The training is designed for junior researchers in child and adolescent psychiatry who have a demonstrated interest in studying developmental psychopathology.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be a physician or a researcher with training in a relevant medical specialty.
- Have a strong commitment to research in child and adolescent psychiatry &/or developmental psychopathology.
- Demonstrated productivity in child and adolescent psychiatry research.
- Active, demonstrable participation in a research project and/or relevant scientific publications.
- Trainees are responsible only for their travel costs to and from the seminar site in Rome.
- Fondazione Child will pay for application fees, tuition, meals, and lodging.
- A maximum of 40 young researchers or specialists
- Under the age 40
- No more than 5 years since completing training
- Nominated by an Academic Professor of Psychiatry and/or Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at an identifiable center for psychiatric research and training
- Demonstrated commitment to develop competence in areas of child and adolescent psychiatry research. Work including, but not limited to: clinical research (diagnosis, treatment and prevention of child psychiatric disorders), applied/translational research, basic etiologic studies, epidemiology and public health, etc.
At least one of the following:
- At least one publication (as author or co-author) on a peer reviewed and/or indexed on PubMed;
- At least one poster or other presentation during a Psychiatry or Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Congress (National or International);
- Presently or recently involved in a relevant research project in child and adolescent psychiatry or developmental psychopathology, including a post-graduate degree program.
- Commitment to attend the entire 5-day seminar.
In order to apply
candidates will be required to:
Fill out the Application Form, including a brief description of a research proposal they intend to discuss during the training seminar.
Send the Application Form together with an updated CV to: email@example.com
For more information, do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
applications must be submitted by no later than 20 June 2021
The Foundation Child for Study and Research into Childhood and Adolescence was set up in 1998 by the association “S.O.S. Il Telefono Azzurro – National Helpline for the Prevention of Child Abuse”.
The Foundation Child’s main objective is to promote a child-centered culture through a close examination of the causes and treatments of physical and mental diseases, as well as of behavioral and mood difficulties in children and adolescents.
FOUNDATION CHILD - CURRICULUM VITAE
Complete information regarding the Foundation Child's activities and future perspectives is available here: Download CV